Sunday, January 2, 2011

Savory Pot Roast


I grew up with Sunday meals of roast and potatoes, so why not start out the new year with tradition.  I was inspired by this recipe I found on a food website - meaning the picture they showed caught my eye!  With a few modifications of my own, it was officially rated as a 'thumbs up' by all in the family.  (We operate on a thumbs up, down or sideways review system here.)

Ingredients
1 boneless beef chuck eye roast (2-1/2 lb.)
3 lb.  Yukon gold potatoes (about 6), quartered
6 carrots (3/4 lb.), peeled, cut into 1-inch lengths
1/3 cup  Tastefully Simple Merlot Sauce
2-3 Tbsp. Tastefully Simple Onion Onion 
1/3 cup  water
Directions
HEAT oven to 350°F.
PLACE meat in shallow foil-lined pan; surround with vegetables.
MIX remaining ingredients until well blended; pour over meat and vegetables. Cover.
BAKE 2 hours or until meat is done (160ºF). Slice meat. Serve with vegetables and pan gravy.

*Note:  I still have a small stash of Tastefully Simple Howlin' Horseradish, so I used this to make up some dip which we used on the potatoes and roast.  If you're lucky enough to still have some of this - use it here!  Otherwise our Onion Onion Dip would be a good substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment