Sunday, January 23, 2011

Italian Beef

(One of the 10 Freezer Meals from Tastefully Simple - see tsrecipes.com)

Wonderful roast!  I've always made my roasts in the oven before, but am hooked on this slow cooker recipe.  I used pop as my liquid and made up some baked potatoes for a side dish.  Note:  If you make this ahead as as one of the freezer meals - you'll need to let it thaw in the fridge 1 1/2-2 days due to the size of the roast.

Italian Beef

3 lb beef roast
4 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning
1 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
1 tsp Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
12-24 oz beer or cola

Rub seasonings into roast and place in slow cooker.  Pour liquid over top.  Original recipe calls for 2 cans beer or pop.  I only used 1 can cola and that was plenty of liquid..  Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours, then turn down to low and cook another 4 hours.  Shred beef and serve on Italian rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment