Sunday, January 2, 2011

Easy Sticky Buns


I'll be lucky to burn off all the calories from these during my workout class tomorrow, but they were SOOO worth it!  I've never made homemade cinnamon rolls or sticky buns before, but these looked just too tempting not to try.  I even got 2 of the 3 kids to help me.  All helped eat them of course.  Definitely keeping this recipe around - may be a new holiday breakfast treat.  Got it from Taste of Home Magazine.

Ingredients

  • 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • MOLASSES SAUCE:
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup molasses

Directions

  • Roll out each loaf of bread dough into a 10-in. square. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut each loaf into six slices.
  • For sauce, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, water and molasses to a boil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in molasses sauce.
  • Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in dish for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
NOTE:  I flipped these over onto a cookie sheet lined w/ wax paper.  

2 comments:

  1. Um. Yeah. These look SO GOOD!

    I don't know if your blog is a good thing for me right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great. Just what I don't need. I'm afraid this blog of your's could be very very bad for me.

    ReplyDelete