Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Panini Perfection

I've said it before and I'll say it again....our Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil is adds PERFECTION to a panini sandwich!  One of my hosts also told me last week that the Burger & Brat Mustard is fabulous on a turkey and cheese sandwich.  I've had a craving for one ever since.  So...today while the kids were searching out some new books at the library, I decided to thumb through some cooking magazines for recipe ideas.  I came across some gourmet panini recipes.  As I glanced through the ingredient listing, I knew there was no way I was going to that much work.  And why bother when I can shop from my own shelves!  Definitely one of the best things about being a Tastefully Simple consultant.  I stopped by the local grocery store on the way home, picked up a couple ingredients and here was the delicious result...


Turkey & Pear Panini
1 loaf nice artisan bread (I used HyVee Baking Stone - Asiago)
cheese slices (I used smoked gouda - would highly recommend!)
1-2 tsp of Tastefully Simple Burger & Brat Mustard
1 pear, peeled and sliced
sliced turkey (I used HyVee Honey Mesquite)
2 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil

Slice bread into serving size pieces and cut in half.  Spead small amount of Burger & Brat Mustard on bread, top with slice of cheese, turkey, and sliced pear.  Brush top and bottom of bread with Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil.  Place on panini press or yes...I still use my George Forman grill :)  Cook until bread is golden brown. 

Note:  If you don't have a panini press or tossed out your GF grill back in the 90's, then use a skillet and something as simple as a brick covered in foil to press down the sandwich.

My kids weren't so sure about fruit on a sandwich, but my oldest gave it a try and agreed it was good.  The other two...well, at least they picked it off and ate it separately.  Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment