Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Garlic Beef Stroganoff

Decided to do something different for my January Tastefully Simple parties this year - due to my new found love of slow cooker recipes!  Each Host will get to choose some specialty Slow Cooker recipes to serve and each guest is receiving a Slow Cooker Meal Booklet - complete with grocery list.  I want to show everyone how EASY, INEXPENSIVE and TASTY cooking can be!

So...this means I'm tweaking my Slow Cooker Meal booklet and working to find the best recipes to share.  Below is one I tried this evening that received a THUMBS UP from everyone in the family!  Definitely making the cut :)

(P.S. - If you're interested in hosting a Tastefully Simple Slow Cooker party, let me know.  I've got four dates left!)



Garlic Garlic Beef Stroganoff
Submitted by Rosemary (MN) HQ Resident Chef

Ingredients
1 Tbsp. Garlic Garlic™
2 Tbsp. Onion Onion
1 1/2 lb. cubed beef stew meat
2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used an 8 oz. can instead)
14.5 ox. can beef broth
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. cold water
8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese spread
Prepared wide egg noodles

Directions
Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into slow cooker; stir until thickened. Add cream cheese spread just before serving; stir until well blended. Serve over hot noodles. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment