Monday, January 2, 2012

Mmmm....Slow Cooker Tender Pot Roast!

Happy New Year!  I officially hit the 'sugar wall' a few days ago, and am ready to get back on track with some healthy eating.  I do enjoy indulging over the holidays, but by the time New Years hits - my body is always telling me ENOUGH!  I generally take a break from cooking much the week between Christmas and New Years, and after a week of eating out - the entire family is ready for home cooked meals also!

However, considering today is still a 'holiday' in our household, that means a no fuss meal was on list.  This January and February I'm showcasing a Slow Cooker Meal Plan with my Tastefully Simple parties.  I've been working on this for the past couple months - trying new recipes, deciding which ones were worthy of the list, etc. 

So, for today's meal, I picked one of my favorites that's extremely low maintenance.  Tender Pot Roast with potato, carrot and onion.  If you'd like to try this for yourself and you don't have any of the sauce on hand, contact me and I can hook you up!  (Or you can always order directly from my website too.  www.tastefullysimple.com/web/kkeninger)


Slow Cooker Tender Pot Roast
2-3 pound beef roast (whatever your preference or what's on sale!)
1 jar Tastefully Simple Tender Pot Roast Sauce
5-6 potatoes, peeled and quartered (I prefer yukon gold)
carrots (I used baby carrots - no peeling!)
1 onion, chunked

Place roast and entire jar of sauce in Slow Cooker.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  Last couple hours add potatoes, carrots and onion.  It's that easy and oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment