Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh My Chai Pumpkin Pie!

I can't help it...as soon as I flip that calendar to November, I'm consumed with thoughts of our Thanksgiving Feast!  Why is it there are some recipes I ONLY make on Thanksgiving when I love them so much?  I decided to break my pattern last night and made some pumpkin pie.

As I was reading my oh so complex recipe for making pumpkin pie (yes - sarcasm there - you know the recipe on the label of the can of pumpkin? :) I thought to myself...all these spices are similar to what's in Oh My Chai.  Why not experiment a little?  Okay...so maybe I was also being a bit lazy too and didn't want to riffle through my seasonings to find the cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.  I've always mixed Oh My Chai with Cool-Whip to put on top of my pumpkin pie, so this could just be an added bonus.

SUCCESS!!  Here's the recipe, and then I'm off to finish the last piece of pie.  Yep - it's 9:30 am, but I'm going to eat it anyway :)

Oh My Chai Pumpkin Pie
2 heaping scoops Oh My! Chai® (divided) - each scoop is approx. 3 Tbsp

1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
9 inch deep dish pie crust
8 oz. tub Cool Whip®

Directions
 Combine 1 heaping scoop Oh My! Chai® with 8 oz. tub Cool Whip®.  Place in refrigerator for flavors to blend.  
 
Whisk pumpkin and milk. Add egg, sugar and 1 heaping scoop Oh My! Chai®; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for 40-50 minutes. Top with whipped topping. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment