Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Being the 1st day of Tastefully Simple's Fall-Winter selling season, I wanted to debut my FAVORITE of our new products.  (Well...favorite so far that is :)  My only disappointment was that there were absolutely NO LEFTOVERS :(  I have to say I was a bit surprised, considering all my boys asked for seconds - and they're generally not big soup eaters.  It was probably about 7 years ago that we had a tortilla soup in our catalog (anyone remember Cha Cha Enchilada?), and I've been begging for it back.  Very happy to introduce you to our NEW Chicken Tortilla Soup - and have to say I like this one even better!


Package directions:  Add 4 cups water and 2 cups canned or cooked chicken and simmer 20 minutes.

I added a can of diced tomatoes and a 1/2 can of black beans (rinced and drained) simply to add more bulk.  To maximize my time I placed 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot (with a little water - you could use chicken broth too I just didn't have any on hand). I let this cook on low for 5-6 hours then shredded chicken, added soup mix, water and other ingredients - gave it a whisk and then cooked for another hour or so.  Served with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.  SO GOOD!!!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment