Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Balsamic & Basil Slow Cooker Chicken

Have to say...I was pleasantly surprised with my family's reaction to this meal!  Many of you have probably noticed the slow cooker sites that have appeared on Facebook recently.  I LOVE slow cooker meals, so follow a couple of these sites myself.  Came across this one for a healthy slow cooker meal, and thought it blended in perfect with some of our Tastefully Simple products - namely Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil.

With a few tweaks...decided to give it a try!  Now, I knew I had a couple strikes against me with the family, because #1 - my family "thinks" they don't like tomato chunks...and #2 - there is no cheese in this meal :)  That being said, I decided to press my luck anyway.

Results?  First comment was "Hey - this stuff's actually pretty good".  Here's a pic of one of my boys on his 3rd helping! :)  So, needless to say I felt this recipe worthy of posting for all of you!  Excuse my lack of photo and food presentation skills :)



Balsamic & Basil Slow Cooker Chicken

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Roasted Garlic Infused Oil
1 capful (about 2 Tbsp) Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
3/4 capful (about 1 1/2 Tbsp) Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic
1/2 cup Tastefully Simple Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil
14.5 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes
Rice or pasta (I used brown rice)

Pour Roasted Garlic Infused Oil in bottom of crock pot and then add chicken breasts.  Add Onion, Garlic and Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil then top with tomatoes.  Cook on low about 6 hours.  When ready to eat, take out chicken and shred.  Serve over rice or angel hair pasta and spoon some of the oil & tomatoes over the top.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Remind me to get the garlic oil at your open house this week (I already have the balsamic!)

    ReplyDelete