Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baked Scallops

Being born and raised in the Mid-west, seafood was never a staple in my house.  In fact, I can't remember a single time in my childhood that my mom made anything with seafood (with the exception of Tuna Casserole and I'm pretty sure that doesn't count :).  Given it's heath benefits, I've been trying to experiment with more types of seafood.  Last night was my latest venture...scallops.  It was a super easy recipe and one which we will be having again.  Next time I will make some type of creamy pasta to go along with it - didn't think in advance this last time, so I let my oldest pick out the last minute side dish.  Figured I would include it with this post, because I found it quite comical that we were eating these two combinations together.  The sophisticated meal of scallops...and what else but fruit cocktail pudding :)

Baked Scallops
Ingredients:
4 Tbsp butter
1 ½ lbs bay scallops, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs combined with 1 tsp Tastefully Simple Italian Seasoning Salt
1 tsp Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
2 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Melt butter in microwave with Garlic Garlic in a 2 qt casserole dish
Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish
Combine bread crumbs, Onion Onion and Parmesan cheese – sprinkle over scallops
Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.

Fruit Cocktail Pudding
Ingredients:
29 oz. can fruit cocktail (use all of it - juice included)
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
handful of mini marshmallows

Combine all ingredients and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment