Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Awesome Pulled Turkey

I've been itching to try some recipes with our new Awesome American™ BBQ Sauce, but mother nature has been cranky and I have a minimum 60 degree threshold to stand out by the grill.  This week I needed a slow cooker meal if we were all going to sit down together to eat.  I came across this one that worked perfect.  I used a 5 lb turkey and used the entire bottle of BBQ Sauce.  Great flavor!

Note:  I typically avoid any recipe that involves working with bone-in meat.  Grosses me out.  I decided to give this one a try and will say it was pretty painless.  The turkey breast pulled off the bone easily.  This recipe also made a huge amount, so either plan on recipes or look for something you can re-use the remaining meat.




Awesome Pulled Turkey
Submitted by Rosemary (MN) HQ Resident Chef

Ingredients
5-6 lb. bone-in turkey breast
1-2 Tbsp. Everyday Grillin'™ Seasoning
Awesome American™ BBQ Sauce

Directions
Place turkey in a greased slow cooker; sprinkle with Everyday Grillin'™ Seasoning to taste. Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours (don't add liquid). Remove turkey from slow cooker; shred meat (discard bones and skin). Stir in Awesome American BBQ Sauce until you reach desired consistency. Server meat warm on buns or thick bread. Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment