Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kristin's Wahoo! Chicken Chili

I have this simmering on the stove top and it smells & SO GOOD!  Wanted a nice warm meal for today, but didn't feel like something as heavy as my normal chili.  After all...I figure I'll be sitting around the house eating for the next two days!  I only used 1 can of beans.  Why? Well...let's just say I live with 4 males :) 

Ingredients
1 tsp. olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 lb. ground chicken
1-2 tsp. Garlic Garlic™
2-4 tsp. Bacon Bacon™
¼ cup Wahoo! Chili® (2 capfulls)
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained

Directions
Sauté first 4 ingredients in a large soup pot until chicken is no longer pink; add next 8 ingredients. Simmer, covered, 45 minutes. Add beans; simmer additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment