Thursday, January 9, 2014

Breakfast Burritos

After what seemed like the Christmas Break that would never end (sub zero temps causing school to be closed an additional two days), busy schedules are back in FULL SWING!  I knew we were pressed for time tonight, so was searching for something that wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to whip up.

Enter Breakfast Burritos!  Believe it or not...I've NEVER made these!  We often have breakfast for dinner, I've just never gone to the extra effort of wrapping it in a tortilla.  I remembered a recipe book Tastefully Simple published a few years ago - "Tastefully Simple - The Food You Love".  I'm a big fan of recipe books that have pictures!  I need a visual to decide if something really appeals to me for some reason.  I dog-eared this recipe the minute I saw it, but for some reason just never put it on the meal plan.  

It was DELICIOUS!  In fact, the kids started eating their burritos as soon as I started wrapping them.  (I'm normally a stickler for trying to sit down at the table, but I knew we were pressed for time.  And...the kitchen table was full of MY junk too - ha!)  Before I even started eating my own...the kids had already finished 2 each.  Enough said - we will be making this again often!  I did vary the recipe slightly (didn't feel it needed red bell pepper or sour cream)  And yes...I took a picture of the picture in the cookbook.  Don't judge!  As you may have noticed by now...my cooking skills are much better than my photography skills :)



Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage, browned (Original recipe called for 8 oz. turkey breakfast sausages, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
1 Tbsp Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
12 large eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
10 taco size flour tortillas, warmed (I warm for 30 seconds in the microwave)
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup Tastefully Simple Corn, Black Bean Salsa

NOTE:  Next time I will buy 2 packages of tortillas, because we had enough mix for at least 3-4 more burritos.

Directions:
Brown sausage and set aside.  Cook eggs with Onion Onion and Seasoned Salt until set.  Combine all ingredients together and stir.  Add about 1/4 cup to center of warmed tortilla.  Fold in sides then roll into burrito.

To order the Tastefully Simple items needed for this recipe, visit my website:  www.tastefullysimple.com/web/kkeninger
To receiver more of my recipe review, follow me on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/TSbyKimKeninger

No comments:

Post a Comment