Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Salads with Delicious Dressings!

It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe to my blog site.  (Too easy to just share on Facebook.)  However, I wanted a bit more space to type out how much I LOVED this salad ...and thus you get a blog post.

I adore a good salad in the summer!  They usually end up being a hodge podge of items I have leftover in the fridge.  I've found that the key to a great salad for me is the dressing!  As a Tastefully Simple consultant for the past 11 years, I've discovered that you can make fabulous tasting dressings by combining salsa and sauces with....any guesses?  Yep - good ole' Ranch dressing.  So, next time you're wanting something out of the ordinary - grab the bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing along with your favorite Salsa or Sauce and see what you come up with!

The below salad (we had for dinner last night) was a combination of mixed greens, hard boiled egg, avacado, tomato, grilled shrimp (marinated in Tastefully Simple's Roasted Garlic Infused Oil and Garlic Pepper Seasoning) and my own dressing concoction.  Dressing:  Equal parts Ranch Dressing and Tastefully Simple Pineapple Chipotle Salsa - DELISH!!



Here are some other FABULOUS combinations:
Ranch & Tastefully Simple Corn, Black Bean Salsa:  Serve on salad with grilled chicken, black beans, corn, tomato, avacado
Ranch & Tastefully Simple Honey Apple Grill Sauce:  Serve on salad with bacon, lettuce tomato, hard boiled egg

And for dessert....our family's FAVORITE - Absolutely Almond Pound Cake!  This time I mixed up a little Lemonade Fruit Dip as a topping along with fresh berries.  Needless to say - no leftovers :)



REMINDER:  Our Garlic Pepper and Pineapple Chipotle Salsa are limited time 'returning favorite' products that are ONLY AVAILABLE until June 30th!!  Contact me to stock up :)

Hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment