Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Quiche

This recipe was handed over to me from a dear friend, and is a staple in our family menu.  I sometimes mix it up using Ham & Swiss if I don't have all the ingredients on hand.  However, the chicken & broccoli version is my favorite.  For those of you who may be intimidated by the word 'Quiche'....DO NOT let the fancy sound intimidate you.  It is such an easy dish to make!

Shortcuts:  Here are some short-cuts you can use with this recipe to make it even easier.

*  Chicken - you can use canned, but I'm not a big fan of canned chicken.  Instead I toss a couple chicken breasts in the crock pot in the morning and let them cook on low until I'm ready to assemble the meal.
*  Broccoli - If it's on sale, I buy fresh and steam in the microwave.  Otherwise, I get the frozen steam packs and use them for a quick fix!
* USE pre-made, rolled pie crusts!!!  You find them in the refrigerated section next to the biscuits, crescent rolls, etc.  I recommend using these over the frozen crusts in a foil pan - these tend to burn more.  (Plus, baking it in your own dish gives it a homemade feel!)
*  Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake.

BEFORE BAKING:
 FINISHED MEAL:

Chicken Broccoli Quiche
1/2 cup Mayo-lite
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
2 cups diced cooked chicken (or 10 oz. can)
1/4 cup green onion, chopped with some stalks
1 cup frozen broccoli, cooked
9 inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked

Combine all other ingredients and pour into unbaked pie crust.  Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment